Mindfulness for Pregnancy after Infertility and/or Miscarriage
For many people, the effects from the grief, loss, and shock of infertility and miscarriage are not always alleviated by a positive pregnancy test. There is evidence that people experience high levels of post-traumatic stress, anxiety, and depression after pregnancy loss and for some people, the anxiety and worry they experienced during their fertility journey persists throughout the pregnancy. Research shows that when practised throughout pregnancy, not only can mindfulness help to promote mental health, it can also improve partner relationships, positively impact the experience of childbirth, and enhance parenting sensitivity as well as family well-being.
If you are someone who is currently pregnant after struggling with infertility and/or miscarriage, join our online 8-week evidence-based program that follows the world-renowned Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction curriculum. The program consists of:
- an orientation
- eight weekly (2½ hour) classes
- a 6-hour Day of Mindfulness Retreat between weeks five and six
This highly participatory and supportive program offers:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Teaching and discussion
- Home practices to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Connection and building community with others who share a similar journey
Visit the Mindfulness for Fertility website for more details and upcoming course dates.
“Giving your body and mind and heart space to just be is such a kindness at a time when you need it so much.”