Pregnancy & Postpartum
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) provide a safe and natural form of health care for a woman on her journey to motherhood.
At the Elements of Health Centre, our practitioners have completed extensive obstetrical training in order to provide you with exceptional pre and post-natal care. We have special “belly friendly” pregnancy pillows to ensure that you are comfortable during your sessions and can relax completely.
Our practitioners work closely with many obstetricians, doctors and midwives in Victoria and the surrounding areas of southern Vancouver Island. Working with expectant mothers is a joyful and fulfilling experience; we are passionate about providing services to women throughout all stages of their pregnancies.
Conditions we treat
Acupuncture provides safe, effective relief for many common conditions of pregnancy including:
- Morning sickness
- Threatened miscarriage or premature labour
- Digestive complaints (heartburn and constipation)
- Depression or anxiety
- Sleep disturbances
- Allergies and colds
- High blood pressure
- Low back pain or sciatica
- Headaches or migraines
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Varicose veins
- Leg cramps and swelling
- Breech position (baby’s head is up rather than down – best treated at 32-35 wks)
- Preparation for labour by encouraging the cervix to soften with weekly treatments beginning at 37 weeks
- Induction of labour