Welcome to Movember, the hairy month of the year, when we shine a light on men’s health. The scope of this movement has grown to include mental health, suicide prevention, life challenges associated with prostate or testicular cancers pre, post and during treatment, and encouraging men to be more aware of their health.
Whether you are growing a moustache this year or not, I would like to encourage all the men out there to take this month to reflect on your life, your health and the choices you are making for yourself. Put yourself at the top of your priority list for at least a day this month, what would you improve about yourself? Not sure? Maybe these questions can help.
- Is there a nagging injury you have ignored and learned to live with, is it holding you back from doing the things you previously enjoyed?
- Have you put off seeing your doctor about a health concern you have?
- Do you wake up with energy and feel like your body is performing to its optimal level?
- What level of libido do you have? Are you performing at your best sexually?
- Are you having regular bowel movements (daily or every other day), are they formed, comfortable and without pain?
- How is your sleep quality? Do you get at least 6 hours of uninterrupted, sound, peaceful sleep nightly? If not, what is disturbing you?
- Can you remember details? Is your mind sharp in the way you expect it to be?
- Is this the best version of you?
As a caring healthcare practitioner, I can assure you that we are here to listen, guide, treat or provide resources for any of the above concerns. Whatever it is that you would like to work on, there is help available. For at least one day this month, put whatever it is you are going to do for yourself at the top of your priority list and commit to it!
Unsure of where to start? Feel free to email or call, one of our practitioners will be happy to assist you.
Image from rawpixel.com